Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

One of the keys to the video essay was structuring the sentences in an entertaining yet coherent way, one that meshed well with the visuals and the information given.

I found my sentences to be effective in establishing the journalistic mood, while still retaining a good relation with the audience with the use of emphatic diction. Towards the end of the essay, some of my sentences seemed to run on or contain redundancies, and I made sure to remove them before recording. Rules For Writers helped with this as I was able to replace openings and run-on sentences with things that made more sense and made the project generally more interesting as a whole.

The different sections of the essay were marked with quick fades to black, and I thought I did an effective job at making each segment stand on its own from an informative standpoint. I use some pretty high-end vocabulary here, which doesn't really evoke any problems aside from the occasional ineligible slur of dialogue that I have to rerecord.

No comments:

Post a Comment