Sunday, February 7, 2016

Analysis of My Rhetorical Situation

My project's rhetorical situation is fairly black and white since it is about a specific subject in the specific field of film. This controversy was heavily covered by the media, and as a result it is easy to decipher the intended audience of the subject and the purpose of my analytical project.

1. My project is intended for film enthusiasts who are active on social media and keep up with current events. These are the type who keep up with Variety and The Guardian, those who frequent Twitter and stay in the know on the current developments of pop culture. Hollywood's liberal tendencies likely extend to this audience, the majority of whom reside on either coast rather than the rural areas of the midwest. These liberal consumers love to voice their opinions, and value the integrity of their entertainment; anything perceived as censorship or prejudice is met with harsh protest. They are probably less concerned with the patriotic aspects of this subject, rather focusing on the film itself.

2. As my audience is knowledgeable about film and pop culture in general, I've made a conscious effort not to talk down on their understanding of the business. I want to be thorough and informative in my analysis and speak with a college level of vocabulary, using film terms without stopping to explain them. It is important to explain the political sensitivity of the controversy and how it relates to the normal customs of warfare, and how radical this situation was in comparison to other similarly sensitive matters throughout history.

3. I followed the controversy extensively as it was happening, and the fairly recent memories combined with refreshed research make me ideal for relaying the information. More importantly, my passion for film gives me great analytical footing.

No comments:

Post a Comment